One of our great singers/musicians, Dusty Collings, brought forth American Tune by Paul Simon—she mentioned that the Bach/O Sacred Head, Now Wounded is the same tune! Am I the last person to know this?
Needs just a couple lyric tweaks. This certainly works for July 4th weekend.
I think this day we can also bring forth the love songs!
Just so happens I'll be getting married on this day and by chance we are reading these verses, assigned for this Sunday.
Love is in the air!
Song of Solomon 2:8-13
- The voice of my beloved!
- Look, he comes,
- leaping upon the mountains,
- bounding over the hills.
- My beloved is like a gazelle
- or a young stag.
- Look, there he stands
- behind our wall,
- gazing in at the windows,
- looking through the lattice.
- My beloved speaks and says to me:
- "Arise, my love, my fair one,
- and come away;
- for now the winter is past,
- the rain is over and gone.
- The flowers appear on the earth;
- the time of singing has come,
- and the voice of the turtledove
- is heard in our land.
- The fig tree puts forth its figs,
- and the vines are in blossom;
- they give forth fragrance.
- Arise, my love, my fair one,
- and come away."
- Come Away With Me by Norah Jones
All You Need Is Love by Lennon and McCartney
You're My Best Friend by John Deacon (Queen)
Great cover here by The Once