December 1, 2013 | Advent I

Hello and here we are.

Advent I Year A

Wow.

After a conversation with a parishioner I'm reminded about a yearning for tradition and traditional music during Advent and Christmas. Will try to find some interesting arrangements of traditional tunes for the season.

Overall for Advent I think about the words waiting and preparing. This week the readings also refer to waking up and being ready.

Here we go.

O Come, O Come Emmanuel
Sufjan Stevens



O Come, O Come Emmanuel
Gundersen Family


Arr. by James Beauregard
Bluesy version of the traditional hymn. Mix it up people!

Wake Me Up by Aloe Blacc and Aviici
This acoustic version with Mike Einziger accompanying on guitar is my fav.


Awake My Soul by Mumford and Sons



Wake Up by Arcade Fire


I Wanna Be Ready 
Ben Harper and The Blind Boys of Alabama












Comments