April 28, 2013

Hello Everybody!

Easter V

Acts 11:1-18Psalm 148Revelation 21:1-6John 13:31-35

Thinking about love.

I think everybody who knows me would be surprised, to say the least, to hear me quoting scripture.
Just not my style.

Here goes--I think it's a good one.


"Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

Here are some of our tried and true love songs. What are yours?

One Love

Love Enough

True Colors

One

All You Need Is Love

Put a Little Love In Your Heart

Orange Sky

Also thinking about the "new heaven" and this song by Brett Dennen is perfect.


Here is an excerpt from Psalm 148 from Psalms In Ordinary Voices

The earth and the sky are made of praise
Praise to the Great and Unfathomable Mystery--
Praise falling down from the tops of the mountains
Praise pouring out from the skies,
The Angels, the Sun and the Moon and the Stars of light--
Sing praise, prasie to the unending Mystery.

PS

After the news of this week--so much news--I've one more love song that made me cry tears of joy. A member of our Grace congregation, Florrie Munat, just happened to see a post of this video I shared on Facebook and offered to drop by the sheet music as she had it at home. Florrie has fond memories of hearing it sung in New Zealand and offered that at almost every Maori cultural event this song is sung! 

Wow, what a world this would be if we sang a LOVE song at every baseball game, civic function and school event! IMAGINE!

We will play this instrumentally (our Maori is not up to speed!!) during communion. It is simply beautiful.

"Dear Heart of mine, I'll wait for thee,
My love is thine alone, to eternity."












Comments

  1. Thanks for posting that Brett Dennan vid. I LOVE THAT SONG now! I'm wishing I had scheduled the band for that Sunday just so I could do it. I don't think it would come off too well on the organ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It works anytime I think!
    Loved doing it--we need to do it again soon too.
    Best and peace Miguel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment