February 3, 2013

Good Morning,

Here's a little nugget o' wisdom from Parker Palmer. I know, I know, still winter--but the days are lengthening and light is returning right?

“In my own life, as winters turn into spring, I find it not only hard to cope with mud but also hard to credit the small harbingers of larger life to come, hard to hope until the outcome is secure. Spring teaches me to look more carefully for the green stems of possibility; for the intuitive hunch that may turn into a larger insight, for the glance or touch that may thaw a frozen relationship, for the stranger's act of kindness that makes the world seem hospitable again.” 
― Parker J. PalmerLet Your Life Speak: Listening for the Voice of Vocation

Jeremiah 1:4-10
Psalm 71:1-6
1 Corinthians 13:1-13
Luke 4:21-30

Gathering: In the Lord I'll Be Ever Thankful

Opening: Stand By Me
by Ben E. King


Gospel: Higher Love
Wow, this version by James Vincent McMorrow (Steve Winwood orginal) is so sweet.


Offertory: Mercy by Dave Matthews





Communion: Amazing Grace
Our instrumental arrangements are inspired by every musical genre--film, pop music (from Pearl Jam, to Gaga to Bruce Springsteen to Ingrid Michaelson and everything in between), classical and jazz. The link above is to an Amazing Grace arrangement for piano from the 2006 film. I try to open my ears and listen--all the time and everywhere--there is inspiration in unexpected places.

After Communion: Ubi Caritas et Amor--ANY version will do!!

Closer: All You Need Is Love by Lennon and McCartney



Comments

  1. Dave Matthews! This song has been looking for me! Nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christie,
    Me too! I didn't know it at all and really love it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment